More than just timber and drywall
Your home is magical place where you can binge-watch guilty-pleasure TV shows in a tattered bathrobe and eat ice cream for dinner without being judged.
Whether it's a traditional house, condo, or mobile home, it’s your happy place and it needs to be protected.
What is Home Insurance For?
- Property Damage - By far the biggest claim maker, this includes damage to your house and any structures on your property due to water, fire, storms, etc.
- Natural Disasters - Homes devastated by events like floods and earthquakes are usually not covered by basic plans. You may need added coverage or a separate policy to keep your goodies protected.
- Personal Property Coverage (AKA your stuff) - This will depend on the policy. Items like furniture may only be covered up to a depreciated value, but stuff like your bling might not have any coverage and will need additional insurance.
But what about?
- Standard Home Liability - You need to be covered financially if someone is injured or their personal belongings are damaged while on your property.
- Extra Money for Living - If your house is too messed up to live in while it’s being repaired or renovated, your policy can pay for a hotel and other living expenses, like groceries.
- Personal Property (AKA your stuff) - Depending on the policy, items like furniture may only be covered up to a depreciated value, but stuff like your jewelry might not have any coverage and will need additional insurance. We can help you sort it out.
Do I have to have Home Insurance?
There's no law that requires you to have homeowners insurance, but most lenders require a policy in order to give you a loan. They need to ensure that your policy will cover or exceed the amount you owe on the loan.